Striving for perfect printing quality?
Paper that is free of foreign particles, dust, and contaminants is essential for printing in order to prevent surface defects (hickeys).
Keeping the printing process dust- and particle-free maximizes image quality and increases productivity. However, frequent substrate changes, long press runs, or printing on dust-laden webs makes quality printing a challenge.
Consequences of unsolved dust problems in printing
- Contamination of ink, inking rollers, and fountain blades.
- Disturbance in the printing process.
- Reduced print quality, requiring adjustment by the operator.
- Frequent press washings.
- Wearing of the machine.
- Accumulation of dust.
Weducon’s HE web cleaning solution for printing
Advantages of Weducon’s HE web-cleaning solution for printing:
- Press performance is not influenced by the poor (dusty) quality of paper.
- Reduced consumption of cleaning solutions and reduced waste-handling by 50%.
- Shorter wash programs, because an ink-dust mix has a paste-like form, while ink alone is much easier to remove.
- Reduced transfer of paper fibres/fillers into the damping system, meaning stable press chemistry.
- Reduction or elimination of full damping system clean-out in case of conventional fount systems.
- Up to 50% reduction in full ink fountain clean out and waste-handling.
- Less mechanical stress on the blankets due to less frequent and shorter wash programs.
- Up to 25% longer lifespan of the blankets. Replacement is only necessary at the end of the technical lifespan. Therefore, less time is being spent on blanket changes and less hours are lost while dealing with an unsteady process until the blankets have “set”.
- Absence of dust accumulation on the blankets prevents plate blinding, thereby resulting in longer runs.
- Prevention of wash stops during long runs.
- Steady processes, generating constant registers.
- The Rotoclean blanket wash installation is critical on heavier dust loads, blocking its filter system. Weducon’s HE 90 web cleaning solution facilitates the Rotoclean to become more reliable.
- Fewer press washes result in less contamination of the press tower and less requirement of the washing solution in locations where it causes problems, e.g. under the plates and the blankets.
- Availability of more production hours due to the aforementioned aspects.
Complete dust removal, reduced energy use
Weducon’s HE 90 Web Cleaner for printing has a reduced energy consumption due to its aerodynamic design. Another benefit is the increased airspeed of the HE 90 Web Cleaner, ensuring that large numbers of particles are collected in the dustbins.
Having over 30 years of experience in the printing and converting industry, we guarantee that Weducon enables the optimisation of your coldset printing process.
Get in touch to discuss your production and request an estimate of the yearly savings that you can achieve with Weducon’s HE 90 web cleaning system and static elimination for your coldset printing process.