Clear and particle-free glass production
Cutting, grinding, and polishing produce dust and particles due to the nature of these processes.
Even during transportation and storage, where Lucite powder is spread over the surface of the glass in-between the layers of the stored plates for protection, dust is found everywhere. This massive amount of dust has an enormous impact on the processes that follow. Such as inspection of the glass surface or even more important, the application of various coatings.
Since the quality of the finished glass is jeopardised by dust and particles in the production environment, reliable and efficient surface cleaning for glass production and converting is essential.
Effective surface cleaning for glass production
The quality and successive processes of produced glass primarily depend on sufficient surface cleaning. Weducon’s HE-series Glass Cleaner makes the difference through the following stages in the production of float glass, solar panels and other fragile flat substrates:
- Before the panels are washed, Lucite powder is still found to be dry; the non-contact HE 90 Glass Cleaner removes most of the Lucite, thereby it prevents contamination of the washing process and even enables re-use of the saved Lucite.
- The Weducon HE-series Glass Cleaner removes particles, dust, and flakes after grinding, polishing, or drilling.
- Before camera inspection or particle counting systems, the HE-series Glass Cleaner reduces the number of defects.
- Before screen-printing to optimise graphic performance and reduce rejections.
- Before application of coatings on the surface of the substrates to avoid inclusions.
- Preceding further processing of the coated surfaces. The very sensitive quality of the applied coatings doesn’t allow mechanical contact. The use of rotating or even linear moving brushes is impossible owing to the risk of leaving marks.
In addition to the benefits of the Weducon HE-series Glass Cleaner to safeguard the quality of the finished product, it contributes considerably to lowering emissions in the production surroundings. This protects the people involved and helps meet EHS guidelines for glass manufacturing.
Weducon offers advice based on over 30 years of experience. Our references guarantee that Weducon HE-series Glass Cleaner will achieve the desired optimisation of glass manufacturing.
We look forward to hearing from you. Get in touch to discuss your production.